In today’s world of technology, learning too has taken a new course of delivering the methods of learning through various e-learning platforms and programs. To define in simple words, e-learning is a process of learning through digital resources. It is an evolved method of formalized learning and training at your own time and pace.
For any e-learning program to be effective, the organizations must look for the following features:
A Mix of Learning Tools: Various people adapt to various learning methods. A good e-learning program will have a mixture of various tools like interactive videos, animations, PowerPoint presentations, web conferencing tools, etc. to name a few. This will enable the learner to get the best of the learning without geographical constraints.
User-Friendly Interface: A clear dashboard with learning objectives and easy navigation is a must-have tool for any e-learning program.
Responsive Design Feature: The e-learning course design should respond effectively to all kinds of electronic devices like desktops, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, etc. The optimization should be tested as the students opt for e-learning courses so that they can access anytime from any place.
Reporting: Your e-learning curriculum must empower the trainer with strong reporting tools. This will help you to assess effective execution, commitment, and evaluation. Based on the assessment scores, the trainers get to advise the students for reference material and courses to accomplish the required results.
Besides having the above-mentioned basic features in any e-learning program, it is advised that the organizations must get a customized program made for their employees/students designed to fit their organizational goals and requirements. This not only is cost-effective but allows to prioritize the areas of focus/needs by incorporating the best quality content.
The major benefits that an organization can get from getting a custom e-learning program, for example, inquisiq, are listed below:
- Training need analysis helps you in finding out the strengths and weaknesses of your workforce. Focussing on target audience caliber and skills, a custom program can be designed keeping the organizational targets in consideration.
- As each department, each team, and each individual will have their own set of goals and objectives, addressing them with focus derives better results with the help of customization.
- Customizing a program ensures the higher engagement of the participants making it more fun, interactive and exciting. Any such learning keeps the learners motivated while applying the new learnings in their day-to-day tasks. In other words, it improves learning efficiency.
- Another benefit is that you can align the company’s vision and mission with the training program. Custom and brand focussed training programs are always more engaging, appealing, and emphasizing.
- As the program is tailored as per your needs and requirements, it fits the best in your environment. You get the best value for the money you are investing in a custom e-learning course which saves on cost as well. You can always exclude the unwanted topics or tweak them as per the requirements. Maintaining and updating the existing software also can be managed with minimal effort.
- Assessments can be focussed and targeted. Both the learner and the organization can keep a check on their performance. While the learner can always revisit the modules, the trainers can help with special and focussed feedback. The managers can pick out the areas that require additional focus.
With the change in the scene comes the change in delivery methods. Learning too has come a long way from classroom learning to a much-evolved e-learning method. To meet the expectation and to make e-learning effective, it is suggested that the organization must opt for custom e-learning programs over off-the-shelf e-learning programs.