Smart Ways To Improve Your Blackjack Skills

One of the best things about blackjack is that it’s easy to play. You can pick up the game in just a few minutes. However, it’s one thing knowing how to play; it’s another knowing how to play well and win. In this blog, we’ll run through a few handy tips that’ll put you on the right path towards success. Who knows, you might just find that soon you’re winning more than your fair share of games!

Play More

As with most things, the more that you play blackjack, the better you’ll be. Many players struggle to build momentum purely because they’re playing so infrequently. You can’t expect to get better if you’re only playing once a month with friends! So look at building more playtime into your schedule; there are websites that offer casino games, including blackjack, so you can improve your skills at your convenience.

Read Up On Techniques

The basic premise of blackjack may be simple, but as with most things, the deeper you dive into the game, the more complex it becomes. It’s worthwhile investigating some of the techniques that high-end players use when they’re playing. Some of them, like basic strategy, are pretty easy to learn, understand, and incorporate into your game. However, while basic strategy will give you an advantage, it won’t take you the whole way. You’ll still need plenty of luck on your side if you’re to succeed. As such, it’s better to use basic strategy as your foundational technique, which you then top up with other strategies. For instance, deviations, true count conversions, and having a well-thought-out betting strategy will all help.

Watch the World’s Best

In some games, you can get better by playing against players who are much better than you are. Blackjack is not one of them. It’s best to stick to playing against people with the same skill level as you. However, that doesn’t mean that there’s nothing to learn from those superior players. There is! Follow professional players, and you’ll invariably pick up a few valuable tips that you can incorporate into your own game.

Blackjack isn’t on television anywhere near as much as poker is, but, thanks to the web, you can catch episodes of the now-defunct World Series of Blackjack program, which ran from 2004 – 2007. Another option is to follow the games of the world’s best blackjack players. Right now, the best player is probably James Grosjean; he’s won so many events that he’s forbidden from playing in a few. He’s too good!

Learn the Art of Patience

Your blackjack success doesn’t just depend on what you do. It depends on what you don’t do, too. All too often, new players are so eager to play the game that they play hands that won’t take them anywhere. The new players that don’t take the approach end up playing too conservatively. To succeed, it’s important to learn when you should hold back and when you should strike. The funny thing about blackjack newcomers is that they make the right decision around 80% of the time. But they make errors in the other 20% — and that’s enough to give the house a pretty big advantage.

Keep on Learning

Finally, commit to your continued blackjack education. As with most things, the more you know, the better you’ll be. There are plenty of blackjack books, blogs, videos, and more that can tell you everything you need to know to become a master blackjack player. But you’ll need to dedicate some time to absorb the information. Read, learn, play, and repeat — you’ll be a great player in no time.

Diljeet Malik

I am a dedicated casino writer with a passion for all things related to the world of gambling and entertainment. With a deep understanding of the casino industry and a love for sharing insights and strategies, I strive to inform and entertain readers with my casino-related content.

Leave a Comment