Try Something New: 5 Exciting Outdoor Activities for Adults

Did you know that the average American spends 93% of their life indoors? The remaining 7% is spent outdoors. That means that you’re only spending half of a day each week outside.

Spending time outside can have excellent health benefits, such as a reduced risk of serious health conditions, improved mental health, and a decrease in the stress you feel.

Who doesn’t want to get more fresh air and reap the above benefits? Read on to find out these 5 exciting outdoor activities for adults that you can try now.

1. Explore the Countryside and Have a Picnic

Family outdoor activities don’t get much better than taking in the beautiful sights and smelling the fresh country air. You can save money while enjoying time with your friends or family and you get some exercise.

Take a picnic with you to make the walk even more rewarding. And yes, you can picnic outside even in winter, but you might want to take a flask and a wooly hat!

2. Try an Outdoor Fitness Class

For those of you who don’t live near the countryside, you might decide to instead try an outdoor fitness class. This is one of the mostĀ fun group outdoor activities for adults there is and there are plenty of options.

You’ll be able to find a range of activities, from yoga to soccer, in your local park, and sign up for whatever takes your fancy. If you don’t see an activity you want to do, why not start your own with a group of friends?

3. Watch Some Sports

If you’d rather leave the sports to the pros, then there’s always the option of watching them play. Go to your local team’s next game and show your support.

Whether you want to watch football, baseball, or basketball, you’re sure to have a great evening with your friends. Visit to find the latest tickets to upcoming games in your hometown.

4. Give Sailing a Go

When people think about outdoor activities in winter for adults, they think of activities that are short and sweet (so you don’t get too cold). But we say, who cares if you get cold? Embrace the cold and take to the water by learning how to sail on a local lake.

If sailing isn’t for you, then there are plenty of other water-based outdoor activities to try. For example, if you don’t want to sail, you could try paddleboarding, kayaking, surfing, or jet skiing.

5. Set up Your Own Obstacle Course

Active outdoor games for adults don’t get much better than setting up your own obstacle course and inviting your friends around. Create a fun games day for your friends in your garden and make them do fun challenges. 

If your garden isn’t big enough, or you can’t think of how to set up your own obstacle course, why not find a local course to try out? Please read this article to Globo Surf.

Give These Outdoor Activities for Adults a Try

There are endless possibilities when it comes to outdoor activities for adults. Make sure you find some activities that you enjoy and spend more time outside with loved ones.

Looking for more inspiration on what to do this weekend? Then check out our other articles and find activities that you and your friends will love.

Diljeet Malik

I am a dedicated casino writer with a passion for all things related to the world of gambling and entertainment. With a deep understanding of the casino industry and a love for sharing insights and strategies, I strive to inform and entertain readers with my casino-related content.

Leave a Comment