Traveling and exploring the world may not be something that most people achieve. Still, it indeed is on the agenda for many people. What is the first thing that comes to mind when planning a trip?
‘Where should I go?”
Okay, I agree with that one, but what is the first thing your loved ones think of when you plan a trip?
“Is this trip safe?”
Of course, no place in this world can guarantee you 100% safety. With cautiousness and following simple safety tips, one can reduce the risk of being in danger. In this article, we have compiled a list of some handy safety tips that you can follow on your trips to foreign lands.
Before you leave for a place, understand the location, its whereabouts, and details. Platforms like TripAdvisor allow travelers from any part of the world to have valuable and relevant information about a particular place. A lot of people who have been there also leave comments about their experience. Other than this, there is a need to know about the tourist spots and a way to get there. When planning to travel, a person must have contact details of the most important places around the country, such as:
- Local police station
- I.C.E. contacts
- Insurance company
- Fire department
Every country in this world is exposed to crimes of all kinds. From minor thefts to misleading and other significant misdemeanors, there are different kinds of crimes happening to tourists worldwide. If you want to stay away from these local culprits, we suggest blending in with the crowd as much as you can. These people primarily target the most vulnerable, wealthy, and newbies in the group. You must draw attention away from yourself by:
- Choose local clothing instead of wearing something out of the ordinary. For instance, when you visit an Arabic country, consider wearing their traditional attire.
- Be very discreet when looking at maps. No one should know that you are looking for directions. If you must ask someone, be careful about who to approach.
- Wear protective gear and always go around with copies of your original documents if you encounter a mishap.
- Explore the area before going there. For example, suppose you are planning to visit Dollywood. In that case, they have a complete app on how to see the place along with other facilities.
Whether you are going out for a week, a month, or just a day, your folks back at home must know about your whereabouts. There are plenty of reasons they are worried about your safety, and you must not give them more. Before you leave, talk in detail about your plans and how you intend to pursue your passion. They obviously will show concern about your safety and wellbeing. You can keep them updated by:
- Sharing live location when visiting any foreign places.
- Call and text them about your location.
- Let them know about any future plans.
- Keep a trusted family member in your I.C.E. list.
We all like the free internet. I mean, who doesn’t want to save a few extra G.B.s if there is free Wi-Fi around. Well, this convenience of free internet can actually become a major hassle just by being from an untrustworthy source. Also, hackers are always on the go about personal data, so it becomes very easy for them to access your credit card and social security number. These details are then used for spamming, trafficking, and buying illegal things from the internet. If you need an internet connection on the go (which most of us obviously do in new areas), always:
- Have a personal device at hand and keep it charged.
- Purchase an LTE or 5g plan for your phone.
- Set up a VPN connection to access the internet while on the go.
Where you stay matters a lot. You need to understand that instead of saving a few additional bucks to stay somewhere sketchy, there is no harm in spending money for a good residence. Some people buy personal lodging, while others go for hotel rooms depending on their budget. To keep yourself safe from any unwanted intruders, always:
- Buy a jammer that protects them from opening the door even after breaking the lock.
- Give an impression that you are at home even when you are on the go. Things like keeping the lights on blinds closed or a Do Not Disturb sign on the knob are indicators that a person is in the room.
- Unless the staff is called by you or authorized by the front desk, do not let anyone in – even if they ask for permission.
- Make sure to safeguard your personal belongings like passport, cash, wallet, A.T.M., and other papers in a locker.
You can Google attractions near me and find the perfect place to enjoy and take selfies, but without proper caution, that place can become a nightmare. You have all the right to enjoy a place while keeping an eye on everything going on.
The joy of traveling is to explore new places, interact with new people and learn about the things that are going on in their culture. However, you need to:
- Keep an eye on the surroundings of your location. If you see someone acting out of the ordinary or trying to gain unwanted closure, leave the place immediately. If that person still follows you, it means there is something suspicious, and you need to complain about it to park security.
- Keep safety chest packs to store your phone and other belongings.
- Always divide cash and keep it in different pockets.
- Travel around the city with a copy of your passport instead of original documents.
Besides being physically and financially safe, you also need to make sure that your health is safe. Getting sick, meeting an accident or any other health-related convenience is crucial because they will make or break the quality of your trip. To ensure maximum health satisfaction, travelers need to:
- Get travel insurance that covers health-related clauses and can help you financially in case of any inconvenience. You never know how expensive medicine is in another land. For instance, if you travel to India, medicine is really cheap. On the other hand, Sweden has really expensive medical plans for non-registered users.
- Pack all your healthcare requirements when you leave home. If you are traveling by car, packing essentials is normal. Still, some airlines require special permits for people who need to pack prescribed medication.
- Drive very carefully if you plan to take your car or rent one. Different areas have different traffic laws, so you need to be very careful when choosing a lane, selecting a speed limit, and understanding traffic flow.
- Always keep a first aid kit with all the necessary things in case you have an injury.
Traveling to another country is a dream for many people. However, there is a threat to your health and finances. A lot of people travel around the world. Following the tips mentioned above, you can enhance your security and stay safe during the trip.