Training your team can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. That’s why Bite-Sized Videos are such a valuable tool. These short, easy-to-watch videos take minutes to watch but can have a big impact on how your team works.
They’re perfect for teaching new skills, reinforcing old ones, and boosting employee morale. In this article, we’ll show you how to create and use bite-sized videos to improve team productivity. Ready to get started? Let’s go!
What Is a Bite-Sized Video?
A Bite-Sized Video is a type of video that’s designed to be easy to consume and understand. It’s usually short (between 3 and 5 minutes) and it focuses on one specific topic or topic area. Bite-sized videos are especially helpful when it comes to training your team.
They can help you communicate important information in a clear and concise way, without bogging down the conversation with extraneous details. Additionally, they can help you retain information better because you’re not overloaded with information at once.
How to Create a Bite-Sized Video
The best way to create a Bite-Size Video is to start with an existing video you want to adapt. For example, if you’re wanting to create a training video on how to use software product A, you could start by adapting an existing instructional video on using product A.
The key is to make sure the video content is relevant and applicable to your team’s needs. Once you’ve adapted the video, follow these simple steps:
1) Choose a Script – The first step in creating a Bite-Size Video is choosing a script that will be appropriate for your audience and subject matter.
You don’t need to create an entire script from scratch; you can use preexisting material or choose to improvise based on what you hear during your recording session.
However, it’s important that the content of your bite-sized video remains clear and concise. If your video is too long or confusing, it will be difficult for viewers to follow and learn from it. Also, you can use tools like Bites app to help you analyze and edit your video content before you record.
2) Choose a Timing Strategy – Next, you’ll need to decide on a timing strategy for the video. You can either record the video in one sitting and edit it together later (this is ideal if you have limited time), or break up the recording into several sessions and assemble them later (this is more work but can allow for better quality control).
3) Edit & Approve Your Video – Once your recording session is complete, you’ll need to edit the video and approve it for release to your team. This includes trimming down any excess footage, correcting typos, and adding appropriate graphics or logos.
4) Share Your Video – Finally, you’ll need to share your Bite-Size Video with your colleagues (or put it online for everyone to see). You can either use a shared hosting platform like BuzzSumo or YouTube’s own sharing feature.
5) Celebrate! – Once your Bite-Size Video is live, be sure to celebrate by giving thanks to everyone who helped make it happen. Thank them in a message or on social media, and tell them how useful the video was in helping you achieve your goals.
Remember: make sure the video is relevant and applicable to your team’s needs, use a clear and concise timing strategy, edit & approve it for release, and share it with your colleagues!
Well, now it’s clear how the bite-sized videos can help you train your team efficiently. By creating these bite-sized videos, you are bound to make them actively use their time and attention span better. You can even customize the length of each video as per your requirements.
Just keep in mind that people tend to stop paying attention once they get bored! That’s why we recommend keeping it simple yet engaging at the same time.