Hair is a crucial facet for the majority of people when it comes to their appearances. Many people want to grow their hair, but they can’t due to hormonal changes, medical and genetic conditions. Some of these people suffer from cases like Alopecia and some due to their gene pool. Some folks witness hair loss or widespread balding from stress and lack of nutrition.
The industry of hair loss treatment is booming because of the increasing statistics in patients. These people resort to hair products, hair transplantation, and also hair replacement. Here, hair replacement is referring to non-invasive techniques such as wigs and hair patching. In 2019, the industry of hair transplant was reaching about $5,612.89 million.
By 2026, the market is expected to reach about $25,116.67. The market of hair transplantation in America is noticing a widespread increase. You can find clinics for hair transplant in new jersey and other states too. Finding surgeons for hair transplant in new jersey and other states will be just as easy. Let us discuss some of the facts surrounding this topic.
Facts About Hair Transplant
Here are some of the interesting facts surrounding this treatment:
- The surgeons carry out your hair for the process of hair transplantation. The hair that is transplanted tends to automatically grow by itself without requiring any medical needs and maintenance. However, the patient should still practice trimming and washing their hair.
- You will find that there are two methods in hair transplanting treatment. They consist of FUT, FUSS, or FUE.
- This treatment doesn’t leave your head with a scalp full of dense hair. You need to realize that the outcome will vary based on the level of baldness, hair type, and the availability of the hair amount within the donor area, along with other particular individual variables.
- Hair transplantation doesn’t require you to stay over at the hospital. You can immediately leave after the procedure ends.
- This treatment acts as a permanent fix for baldness. Also, not all baldness cases are corrected through hair transplant surgery. Plus, your physician requires proper qualifications for identifying the level of damage.
- With certain patients, the physician advises the need for hair transplantation on the body. The procedure eliminates hair grafts from numerous areas in your body like legs, beards, and chest walls.
- The cost of the treatment depends on the number of hair grafts being transplanted. There are about 4-5 hair strands in a single graft.
How Much Does It Cost?
It will cost anywhere between $4000 to $15,000 for every session for the hair transplant surgery. The overall cost will depend on an array of factors. They include:
- The length of the hair transplant process.
- Surgeon availability in the vicinity.
- The surgeon’s experience.
- The preferred surgical method.
Let’s make one thing clear here! Hair transplants don’t fall in the cosmetic treatment. So, you can’t expect your health insurance to cover this treatment. Also, the aftercare medications tend to add up in the overall cost.
Highlights About Hair Transplant
- The people seeking this treatment aren’t confident with the way they look. So, hair transplant surgery helps in boosting the self-confidence and self-esteem of these people.
- The patients may receive temporary fixes from certain holistic techniques and topical treatments. However, a hair transplant surgery helps fix major hair loss and balding patches. It acts as a permanent and reliable fix for the people.
- A hair transplant allows a permanent escape from balding. After the hair transplant procedure, the affected places don’t have hair that keeps falling out. The patients can say goodbye to bald patches and receding hairlines. Plus, this treatment possesses a super high success rate.
- With other hair treatments, you need to keep up with the constant maintenance. But with the hair transplant surgery, you will need lower maintenance. You won’t require any special shampoos and chemicals for maintaining your hair density.
- The other hair restoration treatments require a lot of money, and that includes the maintenance fees too. However, hair transplant surgery is just a one-time procedure and helps you save a lot of money. It saves you money by preventing additional trips to your surgeon’s office.
Lowlights About Hair Transplant
- One disadvantage of this treatment would be the long waiting period. For completion of the overall treatment, it will require about 3-4 months. Plus, you have to make frequent trips to the clinics before landing an appointment with your physician.
- This treatment helps produce great results under great reliable medical guidance. However, if the procedure isn’t performed correctly, then it can all go downhill. You are opening open doors for many infections.
- Certain clinics may charge you a lot of money for performing the treatment. It may prove to be more expensive than the other treatments for hair restoration.
- There might be chances of side effects for unfortunate patients. Some of these infections include pus drainage, inflammation of your hair follicles, bleeding, swelling, itching, and pain of your scalp.
Hair transplantation is a trustworthy surgery that yields satisfying results. Yes, there are small chances of scarring risks, but the majority of the time, the outcome happens to be great. If you are planning to undergo this surgery, then make sure to connect and talk with your surgeon. You need to be an eligible candidate for this procedure. Plus, hair transplant surgery has a success rate of 89% to 95%.